An excellent opportunity is now available in our Automation Department for the following position:
The successful candidate with hold a degree in engineering – electronics, automation, computer science or equivalent disciplines. He/she will be required to demonstrate a high level of aptitude and programming skill ability. Previous exposure to software engineering/automation through college placement or project work is desirable.
They will work closely with on-site engineers and will develop in multi software platforms including but not limited to Beckhoff, Siemens, Allen Bradley. He/she will require an understanding of the full cycle of software/application development with strong analytical and trouble shooting skills. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required for this position.
The successful candidate will work in the Automation team and will be developed through involvement in specific on-site projects to proficiently carry out the following:
- Develop, install and debug code for new machines in line with specified customer requirements.
- Ensure a consistent code structure is adhered to in line with customer requirements.
- Analyze, understand, fault-find and modify software programs.
- Ensure that the development of new code or changes to existing code is fully documented and maintained.
- Reporting on all project activity ensuring an up to date project status is readily available.
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge of different automation systems.
- Review and recommend changes to machine design as per software requirement/implications.
- Liaise and work effectively with the automation group and internal departments ensuring that all inputs and requirements are considered.
- Provide technical support to customers and visit their sites when required.
- Complete records and follow procedures in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Ensure all duties are carried out adhering to health and safety policy.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HR Department on +353 (0)69 63842 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 12th July, 2017.