An excellent opportunity is now available in our Automation Department for the following position:
The successful candidate will be an experienced Snr. Automation Engineer/Manager with proven capability to lead a team of automation engineers. Demonstrated technical leadership qualities required with a high level of experience and expertise in multi software platforms including but not limited to Beckhoff, Siemens, Allen Bradley. A relevant third level engineering qualification required with leadership/supervisory training. A highly motivated, results focused individual with excellent communication/interpersonal skills required.
- Lead and manage the internal automation team including external sub-contractors to ensure all project deadlines are achieved on time and to a high standard of quality in line with specified customer requirements.
- Provide expert automation guidance to the team throughout all project phases and carry out a team mentoring role.
- To drive and implement rigorous quality standards for all aspects of the automation delivery from initial concept to final commissioning and handover.
- To ensure a consistent and structured method and approach is implemented across all software code development/changes to existing code, storage and documentation in line with best practice in the field of automation.
- Be in a position to review and recommend changes to machine design as per software requirements/implications.
- Liaise and work effectively with the automation team, internal department leaders, project management and contractors ensuring that all inputs and requirements are considered and ensuring up to date project status is readily available including any changes or impacts to agreed time frames.
- Build a motivated, competent and results focused team ensuring clear allocation of tasks and required timeframes for completion.
- Develop in-depth technical knowledge within the team, keeping up to date with the latest technologies in the field and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Monitor efficiency in the department and ensure any training needs are identified and actioned in order to strengthen the skill and expertise of the team.
- Attend meetings and feedback relevant information to the team.
- Ensure all employees receive feedback on their performance and carry out an annual performance review with each member of the team.
- Provide technical support to customers and visit their sites when required.
- Complete records and follow procedures in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Ensure all duties are carried out adhering to health and safety policy.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated environment, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the HR Department on +353 (0)69 63842 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 10th November, 2017.