DesignPro Renewables is a new start up within the DesignPro Organisation. We are working on the development of a unique design of hydrokinetic turbines. We plan to take these turbines through the final development phase and to full commercialisation by 2019.
We now have an exciting and fulfilling role that will provide training and support and an opportunity to work in the rapidly expanding marine renewables industry.
Renewables Electrical Systems Technician
This is a technical role that will compliment and support the lead engineering team. The scope of the team includes electrical sub-systems and components for hydrokinetic turbines. The range of components span to power and communication cables, medium voltage switchgears, transformers, electrical tower internals, sensors, cabinets and cable harnesses. The role involves the assembly, validation and inspection on the shop floor of the electrical systems and the subsequent onsite support during deployment and grid connection.
- Assembly of turbine electrical components within the turbine deployment vessel. Ensure project schedule, reliability and certification protocols are adhered to.
- Support prototyping and testing.
- Work closely with the Supplier Quality organisation to ensure design CTQs are tested properly, as well as met and maintained in the serial production process.
- Work closely with the project teams to meet the scheduled requirements.
- Technical support for incidences arising from the assembly, installation or turbine operation.
- Collaborate with cross functional engineering teams in the Mechanical, Controls, Deployment and Grid connection tasks.
- Qualified Electrician with training as a controls technician. Experience with Mitsubishi PLC programming is a distinct advantage.
- Comprehension of PLC logic.
- Experienced in working according to international codes and standards for electrical components and applications
- Willingness to work in a cross-functional and global environment
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Positive mindset with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Willingness to travel
- EU Work Permit
- Experience with electrical CAD tools.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in highly progressive, dynamic and team orientated company which offers a great work environment, professional development, career opportunity and attractive remuneration, please submit your CV to email@example.com or contact Paula Power on +353 (0)69 63842 for further information.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 10th November, 2017.